Mathew Stevens is a modern jazz guitarist who has worked with notable contemporaries such as Christian Scott and more recently, Esperanza Spalding. He has recently released his debut album, Woodwork in 2015.
Matthew has an array of gear which can change depending on who he is performing with.
This article contains Amazon Affiliate links. Visit disclosure for details.
A photo posted by Matthew Stevens (@matthewthomaswyatt) on
- Harrison Guitars – one of his main guitars
- Moollon T-Classic – seen on Esperanza Spalding tours
- Fender Telecaster Thinline Semi-Hollow
- Fender Stratocaster – also seen on Esperanza Spalding tours
- Gibson Les Paul with Soapbar Pickups
- Gibson ES-335 – used earlier in his career
- Magneto T-Wave Tele (video below)
- Vox AC-30 (Greenback Speakers) – Matthew endorses Vox amps. He sometimes uses a stereo uses a setup.
- Boss TU-3 Tuner
- Boss DD-7 Delay
- Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport Jr Delay
- Earthquaker Devices Ghost Echo
- Fulltone OCD Distortion
- Ibanez TS9DX Tube Screamer
- Strymon Blue Sky Reverb
- Strymon DECO Overdrive
- Tech 21 Boost R.V.B.